Several months ago we decided to take a mini vacation to Chattanooga. We had so much fun! The first thing we visited was the Aquarium. We can hardly wait to go there again! Alton definitely loved seeing all the sea creatures. There was so much to see that we wished we had had another day or two to take it all in!
We also went to the iMax to watch a movie about whales/dolphins. Little did we know that it was 3D. Alton got scared right at the beginning and asked to leave during the remainder of the film. I had to keep pushing food at Evy to try and keep her quiet. We thought the movie would be a nice breather, we could all sit for a while, relax, we figured the kids would love watching the big movie. We decided that we definitely could have done without that experience. But, now we know! (That sure was a lot of "we"s in one paragraph).
We also went to the iMax to watch a movie about whales/dolphins. Little did we know that it was 3D. Alton got scared right at the beginning and asked to leave during the remainder of the film. I had to keep pushing food at Evy to try and keep her quiet. We thought the movie would be a nice breather, we could all sit for a while, relax, we figured the kids would love watching the big movie. We decided that we definitely could have done without that experience. But, now we know! (That sure was a lot of "we"s in one paragraph).
We weren't 30 minutes into our trip before Alton was already getting into the treat bag. I don't blame him because I'm the same way. I strongly dislike being in the car and having a treat always makes it a little more tolerable.
We left something in the car (maybe the camera), so we waited here on this bench and had snacks while Barry went to retrieve it. Outside the aquarium, there were little pools all over the place. There were tons of kids and grown ups alike in their swimsuits or just clothes wading, cooling their feet in the pools. It was such a beautiful, family-friendly place.
My He-man (those kids are heavy)!
Don't ask me what we were standing in front of here. I just couldn't resist this sweet picture of me with my mini-sweetheart.
This was one of those touch tanks where you could "pet" the stingrays and little shark thingies. And, NO, I did not touch them. I touched a stingray at Sea World when I was in middle school. It was slimy. Once was enough.
This penguin was so funny. He kept swimming right up to the glass, almost like he was looking for a photo op. I think I could watch the penguins (and the otters) all day.
Here are some random cute pictures. Most of these are a couple/few months old. Evy was playing with a bunch of toys that our friend, Kim, gave to us. Alton was already down for his nap, or else she wouldn't have gotten to play so peacefully.
Here's Aunt Carli playing Play-doh with Alton. She was making all sorts of interesting things. This kid is extremely creative!
Chalk outlines. We all had to take a turn. Alton would crack up every time he'd stand up and look at his outline. Good idea, Carli!
Evelyn loves music. Anytime she sees the lid up on the piano, she rushes over to play. She also loves this xylophone (Odd that they make a xylophone with only 5 keys, instead of an octave. Does this bother anyone else??). The outfit she is wearing used to be Carli's (who is 8). I remember Carli toddling around in this ensemble!
There is never a lack of help when I need to get the groceries sorted and put away!
A couple of months ago we had a silly face contest while we patiently *ahem* waited for our freshly baked cookies to cool.
Alton is also a big fan of music (I guess most kids are, eh?!). He especially enjoys playing "the shark song" (think "JAWS") on the piano. He is always so proud.
Cheerio time.
I just love these gorgeous hair bows! I have five different color (removable) bows that I can clip onto the headband. They're so girly and cute! If you're interested in purchasing some, then visit my friend's website.


9 comments:
Yay! What a nice long post, with such fun pictures! I love the details you include in your writing. You always make me smile or laugh out loud. :)
Evelyn is SO CUTE. I love those bows. Almost makes me wish I had a girl just so I could put them on her! Oh, yeah, I have nieces. :)
Geez, I wish I could see those cute kids in real life! I miss seeing you guy pretty much every day. Pictures just aren't as good as the real thing.
Your trip to the aquarium reminded me of our trip to the Sea Life Park on Oahu. Especially the penguins! Makes me want to go again.
Musical toys that don't do a whole octave (or that don't do any sort of discernible scale) drive me nuts!
We love the Chattanooga aquarium! Love seeing pics! Your kids are adorable!
That vacation was a lot of fun. Thanks for the post and for bringing back the good memories.
We loved the aquarium too. I can't get enough of your adorable kids. : )
Last time we went to an aquarium, we got in trouble when Galla tried to eat one of the starfish.
I'm glad you posted your aquarium pictures. We have been thinking about going but didn't know if it was worth the the drive and the money. It looks like it is!
I love Evey's blue eyes and Alton's silly face. I can never wait for cookies to cool either!
Looks like fun...adorable pictures!!
Evelyn's eyes are arresting!!!! she gets them from you, no?
Post a Comment