If any of you know Alton, then you know that he rarely is willing to consume anything remotely healthy. Most nights he will actually opt out of eating dinner just so he doesn't have to try something other than PB&H or Mac 'n cheese. It's quite ridiculous.
This morning for breakfast I really wanted a smoothie so I started tossing stuff into the blender. Some milk, yogurt, ice, frozen strawberries, frozen mango, banana, and...here's the kicker....about 2 cups of fresh spinach. I remembered that I had just bought a big bag of the stuff and that I have put it in my smoothies in the past and they tasted great. My plan was to try and get some extra nutrients in there since I knew that Alton would ask for some. The kid won't touch a single vegetable. I thought he might have a cow when he saw me dumping the dark green spinach into the blender, but he didn't flinch. I thought the greenish color of the drink might deter him from trying it. However, to my surprise and satisfaction, he guzzled down an entire cupful. Victory, ladies and gentlemen! This morning I feel like I have a little something to celebrate. I managed to sneak a little extra nutrition into my 3-year-old's body. It's not an easy thing to do!
Speaking of breakfast, hop over to visit Pioneer Woman to check out her Migas recipe. It looks great!
Monday, September 29, 2008
Victory
Posted by
snbjork
at
9:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I think that I might try this on Joey!
mmmmm love a spinach smoothie, and love your comments on your blog. i remember when you were pregnant with alton in hawaii and i asked you when you were due, because i saw you around tva (random, since i don't htink you guys lived there at the time) and you said something like, "yesterday." and i was like, "oh." thinking inside, poor poor woman. but you were always the pinnacle of strength! i'm serious. i'm glad we can be in touch in this cyber way!
Awesome Suzanne! I must admit, I've never thought to add spinach to my smoothie before. I'm definitely going to try it though.
That's awesome about Alton. Yay for smoothies! Okay, so I have kind of a lot of memories about you, so I'll just pick one. It was we went to Kualoa beach park with our families and you, Barry and Alton wlaked over to the beach to look at Chinaman's hat. One of you was holding Alton (he was 7 or 8 months old) And you all looked so picturesque, it was sweet.
Oh, and whenever I hear the song "My Heavenly Father Loves Me" I think of you.
That's a good trick I will have to try on Marissa. She won't touch veggies either.
Post a Comment