Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Late Birthday Post

So, yeah, over a month ago Alton and Evelyn both had a birthday. We just had a simple birthday get-together with Barry's family and Alton's good friend, Carter and his parents (okay, well, his Mom is one of my good friends, too, so it was a double perk!). Barry's Mom also had a birthday around the same time so we celebrated her as well. I don't really have many good pictures from the "party". I was busy being the hostess and Barry was busy with the video camera and reigning in the little 3-year-old boys (or monkeys...I'm not sure what they are at this point...boy monkeys?).





I'm just glad this kid had a birthday so we could have a good excuse for some good ole chocolae cake. He licked all the frosting and M&M's off the top and left the rest. Silly kid!

Evy was slightly hesitant at first.


"What is this stuff? It looks so foreign."

Once she finally got a taste of the chocolatey goodness, there was no looking back.


I know I spend far too much time whining about all the hard work these two are. They are really great kids. I take so much for granted. I'm grateful that they had birthdays and that I was here to see them! I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with them everyday. To teach them about Jesus, not to throw rocks at their friends, how to use the potty (Evy will probably have this one down before Alton), Primary songs, the true meaning of Christmas (you mean it's not just about the presents?), and so on and so forth.

These kids are two of the most stubborn I've ever met. I think that most of my friends will attest to that at this point (especially with Alton). Everyone likes to give me advice about potty training, getting kids to eat more foods, etc. Yeah, well nothing works on Alton. Seriously. Come over to my house and spend a few days with us. You'll see what I mean.

But, you know what? That's okay because THESE KIDS ROCK!


And so does their Dad, by the way!

8 comments:

kellibattraw said...

Their mom rocks too. : )

Libby's Library said...

Wish dad and I could have been there to celebrated with you all!
I can't wait for next week!

Barry said...

I can't believe how quickly our kids are growing up. Too fast.

By the way, I think our kids have a really cool mom.

Sara said...

I love the picture of Evey with ther face covered in cake and frosting. Looks like she is typical girl--loves dessert and chocolate!

Michelle said...

Awesome.
I love this post, Suzanne.
Happy Birthday to Alton and Evy!
(That stubbornness will come in very handy when they're facing peer pressure as teenagers, eh?) :)

Becca said...

Happy late birthday Alton and Evy! I know exactly what you mean about stubborn kids who rock anyway!

Anonymous said...

I got your comment on the ice cream dish and they did have several more, but that was a couple weeks ago. Hopefully they'll still have one for you! :) I think that's a FUN b-day plan that you have!

Wendyrful said...

Happy Birthday to your kido's!