Thursday, November 20, 2008

Miss Betty's Super Quick Dinner Rolls

I don't know who Miss Betty is but I sure am glad she posted her recipe on Allrecipes.com! I found these online last night. I was craving some rolls with dinner, but didn't have time to let anything rise. These were perfect! Light, fluffy, and delicious (a mix between a roll and a biscuit...especially yummy with a smidgen of jam)!

Here's the recipe:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise (I used the kind made from olive oil)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then stir in milk and mayonnaise. Spoon mixture into 5 muffin cups.
3. Bake for 15 minutes (or until nice and puffed and brown).

***I doubled this recipe because 5 just didn't seem like enough. I'm glad I did, there were only two left at the end of dinner (and no, I didn't eat them all myself!). =) Go try them and see what you think.

4 comments:

kellibattraw said...

I'd love to try this recipe. By the way, I saw your "i read NieNie" logo. Stephanie, the woman from the blog who was in the accident, lives behind my sister in AZ. My bro-in-law is their home teacher. I was in AZ when it happened! My sister's who are in that ward have amazing faith building stories to share about the whole thing.

Libby's Library said...

I'm going to try these for Thanksgiving. Your father doesn't like biscuits, but maybe he will like these!

Michelle said...

I am all about FAST ROLLS. They are such a pain, usually. Can't wait to try these.

Sara said...

Finally! I roll recipe that doesn't take all day or require a ton of clean up. I am for sure going to try these. I'll let you know what I think!