Monday, November 3, 2008

My Very Own Super-Hero

(I love this goofy picture of Barry! I found the shirt at Target for $5.)

My husband is awesome. I'm sure you all know that already. I want to share a little story with you. On Sunday, we went as a family to choir practice at church. For entertainment (for Alton) Barry grabbed a handful of little dinosaurs. He set them on the top of the car while he strapped Evy in her car seat. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. Yeah, so on our way down the highway, they started flying off the roof. (At first I was a little scared, I didn't know what the crazy sound was, then Barry informed me that it was Alton's dinos flying off the roof.) If I had been the one behind the wheel, I would have kept on driving so I wouldn't be late for choir. But Barry, being the awesome and considerate Dad that he is, pulled over on the side of the road. He first rescued what dinos were left on the roof. Then, he ran down the street and found each remaining toy that had flown off! How cool is that?!

Such a small thing, but it meant a lot to me. And if Alton had fully understood what happened, I know it would mean a lot to him too. So often, it's the little things that really add up to something big! I love my husband so much and feel so blessed that he chose me (forever, no less)! It's so reassuring to know that my children have an amazing Dad, too. He's the coolest!


6 comments:

The Prigmore Family said...

First of all~ LOVE the shirt. Totally something Dan would wear. Way to go on the roadside rescue Barry! dinos are precious cargo at our house too. Hope you guys had a good Halloween and that the chocolate diet is continuing. You crack me up Suzanne! Miss you guys.

Barry said...

Thanks Suzanne! You are so good to me. I love you.

Libby's Library said...

Suzanne - I am so glad that you and Barry have each other. Someitmes (and I mean this in GOOD way) he reminds me of your dad. Get out the camera, and they will both pose, but also, that they love their wives and their children and they SHOW their love in so many ways.
Wish I could spend the week with you while Barry is gone, but we do have December to look forward to.
I Love You!!!

Kari said...

I agree with you totally on Obama (and wanting new candidates). I have to agree that the roadside rescue was pretty awesome. You guys are great!

kellibattraw said...

that is a really cute story that Alton will one day appreciate.

Michelle said...

Awesome. Barry is cream of the crop, that's for sure! You're so blessed. :)