Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tough Break

Update: Alright, peeps, I think some of you have the wrong idea. I don't live for exercise. Believe me! I have to force myself to do it every time. And if Sara didn't come to my house at 7:30 am two days a week to run then I might not exercise at all. Because I'm lazy. And because I'd much rather read a book and eat chocolate cake. But, I do always, always, always (did I say that already?) feel so much better after I have done the exercise.

It's always so tricky to exercise for the first time in a couple of weeks. With all the sickness in my house the last little while, exercise hasn't happened. This morning I finally got to go for a walk/run. Just a 2-mile stint. It was difficult because I felt like my body was full of lead, but it felt great at the same time. Exercise is almost magical to me. I can be feeling depressed or angry or frustrated. I can have zero desire to do it other than the fact that I know I need to. When I exercise, all that goes away. It renews me. It refreshes me. It clears away the bad emotions. Exercise is like free therapy. Go get some today!

5 comments:

Barry said...

Good advice, doing something active almost always makes me feel better.

kellibattraw said...

I wish I could say that I actually enjoy exercising... at least I always feel great when it's done. : )

Mandee said...

Could you please send a little of that magic you mentioned over my way?? I never have experienced that but I am sure if I had I would love to run as much as you do!

Anonymous said...

You mean lifting and putting spoon to mouth is NOT an exercise!?! :)

Yeah not a big fan of exercising, but make myself do it because I feel GREAT afterwards! I have to admit that I LOVE to walk!

The Prigmore Family said...

Can you be here at 7:30 tomorrow? I am so IMPRESSED with your dedication. Go get em tiger!