ALTON PEED IN THE POTTY FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
Okay, so that may not be big news to some of you. But, if any of you have or are currently potty training a child, then you understand. I haven't been full-time potty training. We never had a potty party or anything of the sort. Truth be told, I've been avoiding it at all costs. I've been a weenie, I admit it. It sounded hard and I didn't want to deal with it. Lately, though, Alton's been taking his diaper off (because I think it is uncomfortable to him now) and he's been asking more frequently to sit on the potty. How can I turn him down?
Tonight he had been sitting on the potty for a little while. Before I put a diaper on him he got in trouble for something and had to sit in time out. Well, I didn't realize he was sitting on his potty (instead of his stool) during time out. When I told him to come out he proudly announced that he had peed in the potty. I, naturally, didn't believe him because he's said that many times before. Lo and behold, he was actually telling the truth this time!
I realize that this doesn't mean he is trained yet. But, it is an excellent beginning! Thanks for tuning in for our proud news!
Peace out.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
BIG NEWS!!!
Posted by
snbjork
at
9:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Yay for Alton and you! : ) That's great news!
Now make sure that you take the money that you would have spent on diapers, and put it in the bank. When you've saved up a bundle - come visit me!!!
I love you all - Mom
No...that is a big deal! I can't wait until it is Jackson's turn! I do have to say that Madelyn was so easy, maybe that is because we waited forever. And libby...what a great idea! Your email by the way was so nice and I have been meaning to write you back. Sorry it has taken me a while. Everyone has had a touch of the stomach big around here.
Gosh, that is an exciting time! I think I've given my most crazy-excited displays when my kids have peed in the potty for the first time. Now the real fun begins! :)
P.S. Here's the link to Kim's photography site, she lists info and contact information there... and let me tell you, she is worth every penny and more! :)
http://kimgreenfieldphotography.blogspot.com/
Yay! That's so ecxiting!
That is definitely BIG NEWS! Congrats to you and Alton! I think you'll find that it goes pretty fast from here on out. How nice that he went all on his own without you nagging or reminding him.
Post a Comment