Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Lola-Sitting and a Random Sampler

Here's Lola. She's my "dog-in-law" and lives with Barry's Mom. This is her sunbathing in my backyard. That dirt patch she's laying in is there because of the bunnies that have taken up residence in our yard. The baby bunnies love to play in that dirt. It's quite fun to watch!



I never used to be much of a Chihuahua fan until I met Lola. By the way, I get to "Lola-sit" this weekend while my in-laws are out of town. She will definitely not lack attention while they are gone!





It's difficult not to fall in love with this little girl. She's so sweet and cuddly.




She and Alton are pals. Evelyn goes nuts with excitement whenever Lola comes over, too, but I don't have any pictures of them together. I think Lola is one of the most well-loved dogs on the planet!





Evelyn got herself into quite a little predicament and she was NOT happy about it! Doesn't look too comfy, eh?





Yes, I have read Twilight. In fact, I've read the whole series. And I think I finished them in record time, considering that I have two kids and a husband. It meant that nothing was done around my house for about a week. Alton managed to squeeze in a hug before bed that night. He should consider himself lucky. Those books are ridiculously addicting! And yes, I have pre-ordered Breaking Dawn, in case any of you are interested. It is only $10.94 (plus $1.97 for shipping) at walmart.com.




I stayed up very late for many nights while marathoning (I know that's not a word) through said books. That meant that Barry was in bed long before I was. One night I came in the room to find him like this, all cozy and wrapped up. I especially love that his ankles are crossed. That's my sweet, adorable mummy!



This kid can't resist a box.



Evy is sporting her "I Love Daddy" onesie for Father's Day. And Barry is wearing his "World's Greatest Dad" t-shirt, compliments of Alton. They make a darn cute pair, if you ask me!


Um, yeah. I can't play piano without one of the kids crying to get in my lap. They love playing it, too! Surprisingly enough, they are both usually quite gentle on the keys so I really don't mind. Alton loves music, but not like Evelyn. She really goes nuts over it. She almost always starts dancing if she hears any kind of noise that sounds remotely musical.




Barry had to grill his own dinner for Father's Day. What kind of wife am I? =)



Can I just say that I absolutely love this picture?! That's a big, fat, juicy strawberry. It's one of only a handful of healthy foods that Alton will actually put into his body.




I told Alton to make a scary face and this is what he did. Um...not so scary, but it is cute.




Now, that's scary! This is what happens when you give a 2-year-old a cup of chocolate pudding and leave the room for more than 30 seonds. It was smeared all over him (his shirt, shorts, arms, legs, you name it) as well as his chair, the table, and even the floor. I don't know how he does it. He certainly enjoys his food! A little too much, sometimes.




This kid loves to put his toys in a neat little line, as seen above. He does it with everything.




Evelyn was giggling like crazy, having so much fun watching this little baby (Well, I use the term "little" quite loosely--she weighs as much as Evelyn and is only a few months old. She sure is cute and so happy!)!



Evelyn is obsessed with buckles and straps, so she enjoys playing with the car seat.



Alton was very proud of the "tall, tall tower" that he built recently.




My baby is getting so big! She's crawling like crazy and pulling up on everything. I walked in to get her from her nap today and she was standing up in the pack-n-play. I had to laugh. She looked so cute, all I could see when I came in the room were her little fingers and her face. Kids sure do grow fast!

10 comments:

Lisha said...

love, love, loved the post! what a wonderful glim[se into your family!

Libby's Library said...

Lola is soooooo cute - can I have her? I can't believe how big the kids are getting. As they get older, Alton looks more and more like Barry, and Evelyn looks more and more like you!
I love you guys!!!!!

Kari said...

I love the picture of Evelyn with her legs sticking out of the crib. The kids are growing up too fast! By the way, I think marathoning is a word; I've seen it at least once before.

Sara said...

I love Alton's "scary" face! And thanks for the tip on ordering from Walmart. It's 12 bucks on Amazon.

Barry said...

Just to clarify, I wanted to grill on Father's Day.

Stoney's Bunch said...

Even your "random" posts are fun to look at. I know we see each other weekly (not enough if you ask me) but it's still fun to see what goes on in the day to day life of the Bjorks. :)

kellibattraw said...

Suzanne- I just tagged you on my blog...

Anonymous said...

Love this post and seeing what y'all are up to! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Y'all are such a cute family! I read the Twilight series in about 3 days and my house looked like it had been hit by a Tornado!

I go before the board tomorrow and then we can plan a GREAT girl's night!

Mandee said...

Okay the one with Alton and Lola on the couch is A-DOR-ABLE!

AnnaLee & Roger Tillman Family Proclamation said...

Hello Suzanne,
What cute kids. I love these blogs they are so fun to keep up with everyone who are so far away from where we are.

Thank you for your friendship.

annaleetillman@gmail.com