Alton, Evelyn, and I made it back from Florida in one piece! Admittedly, I was a nervous wreck just thinking about having to get on an airplane with two kids. Thankfully, Evelyn slept all the way through both flights and Alton was very well behaved. On the 100 minute flight home he sang the "ABC song" for probably 75 minutes. It was cute for the first 5. =) Seriously, though, I couldn't have been more happy with how things turned out. After being away for two weeks, it was great to walk through my front door! Barry stayed up until 2:00 am the night before to clean the house. How awesome is that?!!! He's the best.
Alton enjoyed sitting by the boys while watching t.v. Here he is with Corey.
Here we are with Mimi and Papa in their front yard. Neither of the kids were thrilled about getting their pictures taken. The day before, one of the ladies in town wanted to come and take a photo of us for the local newspaper (my grandparents are very involved in their community). Alton refused to look at the camera, let alone smile. And Evelyn was very cheerful until Beth pulled her camera out. Then came the screaming and tears. Go figure!
Okay, so as much as I have tried to fight it, Evelyn is officially a thumb-sucker!! As much as I dread having to help her break this habit in the future, she sure looks cute with that little thumb in her mouth. At first she shoved any finger or fist she could get in her mouth. But, she truly mastered the art of the thumb while we were in Florida.
We had a wonderful time introducing Evelyn to some of her family! Unfortunately, there were only a few times that I actually thought to get my camera out. So, I didn't get a picture of Evelyn with everyone, but I did capture these.
Evelyn with Grandma Sandi. She finally let her Grandma hold her without screaming a few hours before we were leaving for the airport to head home!
Mimi (Evelyn's great-grandma) held the baby often and read lots and lots of books to Alton, much to his delight!
Grandpa Jack finally got to meet Evelyn. He was happy to have a chance to see Barry as well. It had been a long time since his last visit. Alton had fun playing with G-pa's yellow flashlight.
We really did have a great trip. Yay for Allegiant Air for having $19 one-way tickets! Hopefully they will run more cheap specials like the one we got so that we can make the trip again.


3 comments:
Great price for tickets! Your kids are cute! Ya know I think kids have this innate since of when they should be stubborn or bug ya...on the phone or when there might be a kodak moment and someone takes the camera out! Go figure! :) Sounds like y'all had a great and enjoyable visit.
Suzanne! I found your blog through Sharon's. I was actually in Florida this weekend too:)
It's great to have you back Suzanne- we've missed you!
Post a Comment