Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Long time no post

Well, here I am. It's been a while. Don't get too excited. It is Wednesday night (9:30pm) and I am supposed to be packing for a trip. Tomorrow I am flying to Florida with Alton and Evelyn to visit with some family. I am so excited! However, I am stalling because I HATE packing!!! It's as bad as having to write a silly paper for some silly college class. And for those of you who don't know me well, I am a serious procrastinator. So, that means that the paper I would be writing would be due the next morning. I always wait until the last minute. Procrastination is a disease that I don't know how to cure. Any ideas? Advice? =) Anyway, I've got about four loads of laundry that need to be done. Then I need to complete my packing list so that hopefully I will remember everything that I need for me and the kids. Did I mention that I don't like packing?

Evelyn will finally be introduced to her Mimi and Papa, Auntie Stephanie and her three boys, and Grandma Sandi and her family. She will be quite the star, I'm sure. And Alton has, in the last few weeks, decided that he can say anything he wants to. So, he can actually carry on a real conversation. It's so fun and I can't wait for the family to see him. He's such a great kid.

Barry is certainly sad that we will be gone for two whole weeks. But, he is driving down for the weekend since he has Monday off. Of course, he will get in at least one session of surfing while he's there since he's been going through major withdrawals since we moved back from Hawaii 1-1/2 years ago.

Life is great for us. Although, I must admit that being a mother of two little ones is even more difficult than I could have imagined. It is wonderful, but soooo hard! Some days I think I won't make it but then Evelyn flashes one of her killer smiles, Alton spontaneously gives me a big hug and kiss, I get an unexpected call or email from a friend, or Barry comes home from work and saves the day. Heavenly Father knows when I am about to the breaking point and then He decides to step in and send me a little saving grace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly have some beautiful babies! :) I hate to pack too because it means LAUNDRY-UGHHH! Have fun on your trip! I know what you mean about procrastination! I am bad too, but I have gotten better...not as good as I should be yet, but maybe if I tried harder I could fix that! ;)

Lisha said...

Have a blast visiting with family! I completely understnad the procrastinating thing... I am the same way!

Maylin said...

Those are some seriously adorable babies! Have a great trip to FL.

Michelle said...

Yay for your second post! I love your writing style, Suzanne. It's like I can hear your voice saying it all. :)
Hope you're having an awesome visit! I hate packing, too. When Chris had to take all those auditions, and we wanted to tag along, I came up with a master packing list I use every time. It saves my sanity, especially when there's a baby and all accompanying Stuff!

kellibattraw said...

I love the pictures; your babies are so adorable! We can't wait to see you again, but I hope you're having a blast in Florida!

Stephanie said...

we cannot believe how old alton is! and that you have a second child! very cute family- congrats.