The other day Alton pointed to the scale in my bathroom and asked "what's her name" like he does to everything now. I said, without thinking first, "that's a scale and it tells Mommy how fat she is." What a horrible thing to say to my two-year-old, I know. Especially since he repeats almost everything he hears. And the poor kid depends on me, his responsible mother, to teach him things that are right and true. So, after he repeated what I taught him, I chose to correct myself and say "that's a scale and it tells me how much I weigh." There, that's better. Moral of the story: think before you speak, especially when you are speaking to a 2-year-old kid who is extremely impressionable and repeats everything his Mommy says!
Anyway, I was having a rather rough morning yesterday and decided, instead of being grumpy with my kids all day, that I would call a friend and try to cheer up. It worked. I called Michelle. She can always cheer me up. We are kindred spirits, as Anne of Green Gables would say. I am so grateful for her. Not Anne, but Michelle! =)
Today life is good. We are finally all on the mend. Not totally over it, but close. We are all feeling much better and I don't have to wipe so many snotty noses. That's always a good thing. Do you ever stop to think what life would be like if we didn't have telephones, cell phones, e-mail, and blogs?? I think a lot about that. Probably because my favorite movies are Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, etc. They didn't have any of that stuff back then. They wrote a letter and I assume if they were lucky it reached its recipient in a couple of weeks. I can hardly imagine! That would be so frustrating. Modern technology does get people in trouble sometimes, but it is also a great blessing.
I tried Evy on some rice cereal again this morning and she ate it all and then ate seconds. That made me happy. I am grateful that I can nurse her, but I also look forward to the day when I can stick her in the high chair and give her some Cheerios that she can feed to herself while the rest of us are eating dinner!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Random Stuff
Posted by
snbjork
at
10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Oh Suzanne you are such a cute mom! By the way, we would be ecstatic to have you guys crash with us this summer. I really hope you can make it - that would be so much fun!
I love it when they can feed themselves. That way you can eat, too. Unless they won't eat. And then you're spending all of dinner trying to be airplanes, trains, or whatever.
Can't wait for a post on when your little guy uses what you said to him about the scale! That just cracks me up! :)
Glad y'all are feeling better! There's a lot of yuck going around!
Thank you all for your comments. It is so fun to read them and know that someone is actually reading this stuff!
The daily grind is definitely made more manageable with technology. You know I'm a blogging, internet, cell phone fan!
I love you, Suzanne! Your call made my day. :)
Post a Comment