Wednesday, February 6, 2008

weight loss update

So, I still need to lose thirty pounds. It has really been a rough go for me the last couple of months with all the holidays and a two week long trip to Florida (during which I gained back the only pound I had lost since going back to weight watchers...although I must say that I enjoyed every bite!). I have yet to get a truly good start on my weight loss...UNTIL TODAY! I have officially started the Core Plan. Any of you who know about weight watchers probably know what this is. But, for those of you who don't know, I will explain. On the core plan you enjoy eating from a list of wholesome, nutritious foods without tracking how much you eat (like you would on the flex plan). The catch is that you need to learn how much food it takes to feel satisfied (not stuffed into oblivion like I usually make myself). That way you are eating all the right things (and eating often) without overindulging yourself. Sugar is not a part of this plan. That is one of the main reasons I want to try it. Lately I have been so hooked on sweets that I want to eat them all day, so I do! Today I went to Wal-Mart and stocked up on lots of fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, whole wheat pasta and couscous, white and sweet potatoes, and brown rice. My freezer was already stocked with plenty of lean meats and salmon. I am going to give this a go for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes. Even after just half a day I feel so much better. I haven't eaten any bread, crackers, cookies, or sweets today and I can feel it. Heavenly Father obviously knew what he was doing when he gave us fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to eat. He knew what would help our bodies to feel great and function to their full capacity. We were the ones who came up with cake, ice cream, brownies, cookies, banana bread, animal crackers,...need I say more? =) Now, I am not at all saying that I intend to give up all of those foods forever. I simply will do without them for a couple of weeks and go from there. I hope that this temporary detox will help me to exercise more self-control in the future. Also, after publishing this post I am going to do some Pilates (assuming no one wakes up prematurely from their nap)! Love to everyone. Wish me luck!

P.S. This is a picture of three out of four of my beautiful sisters and me. It was taken about a year ago. I have two purposes in showing this picture. One is that I want to show off my gorgeous sisters and two is that it is a goal for where I want to be. This was taken after I had lost all of my weight after Alton's birth. See how not chubby my face is?! I will be there again!!! Whoo hoo!!!

2 comments:

kellibattraw said...

You are always beautiful tom me Suzanne, but of course I wish you luck! Thanks for being my support. :)

The Prigmore Family said...

Go Suzanne Go! Very inspiring. I too am a sugar LOVER. I did the south beach for 2 weeks (it says no sugar too) and I lost a ton of weight and didn't crave sweets anymore. Then came Thanksgiving. Fell right off the wagon.