Friday, February 22, 2008

The weather has been so wet and gloomy lately. I am really looking forward to seeing the sunshine and not being so cold all the time. Although, I should prepare you. When summertime comes I will post a blog about how I am sick of the sun and of being hot all the time. Just know that it's coming!

This morning Evelyn woke up at 5:00am. Lately she has been sleeping until 7 or 8 so I was surprised that she woke up so early. But, when I went to get her I noticed that she had kicked so hard that the snaps on the bottom of her p.j.s had come open so her legs were hanging out. They felt like icicles, they were so cold! So, I figure that must be what woke her up.

I haven't yet been able to obtain a picture, but there is a bird who has been flying into our windows since we moved into our house last May. She waits until the blinds are opened in the morning and the fun begins. She basically flies from window to window in the living room and kitchen and does this until the sun goes down. She has been dubbed "Dodo bird" because she is, well, a dodo. You'd think after so long she would realize that she's not going to get in that way. We have stood in front of the windows, tapped them, and put stickers up to help her get the idea. It's been no use. She just loves to fly into the windows. I wish I knew the reason. And the reason I call it a "she" is because I think it is a female cardinal. It looks a lot like the pictures I've found on the internet. Anyway, I will work on the picture thing again. She somehow seems to sense when I get the camera out and always flies away at that point. Silly bird!

One more thing. Soon, I am going to start my own recipe blog so that I can easily share some of my favorites. And, if you know me well enough, you know that I could look at recipes all day long! So, if there are any recipes that you all would like to share with me, please send them in an email to snbjork@yahoo.com. I am always looking for new things to try and it is especially fun to try my friends favorites. Please share! And I will look forward to sharing with you.

4 comments:

Barry said...

See, we just need to move back to Hawaii where the weather is beautiful! If it gets too hot, you just jump in the ocean...I'll start packing tomorrow. ;)

The Prigmore Family said...

I agree with Barry. I'm all for any excuse to move back to hawaii. Can't wait to see the recipes!

snbjork said...

You go ahead and start packing, Barry. But, I don't think you'll get too far. Besides, Alabama is ALMOST as spectacular as Hawaii, don't ya think?! =)

Thank you, Jaime, for visiting! It will be fun for me to rifle through all of my recipes and pick some favorites. Although, I have so many that it will be hard to narrow them down....

Michelle said...

Goody! I can't wait to see your recipe blog! I will send some as I think of them. Right now I'm on that Top Secret Recipes kick, which is so fun, but annoying because I can't email them to you.
Love the Dodo bird. That must be hilarious to watch!