Thursday, February 14, 2008

Alton looked so handsome on Sunday in his Church attire that I wanted Barry to get a picture of him in it. The tricky part these days is always trying to get Alton to be still for 10 seconds, just long enough to take the photo. As you can see, 10 seconds is too much to ask! But, he still looks adorable. I think his Grandma gave him that little heart sticker on his cheek. And Nonnie got him the sweater vest in 2006 but he is just now able to fit into it. So cute!



On Tuesday it was actually in the 60's outside so we decided to take advantage. We haven't really been out of doors all winter (except while in Florida). Alton was helping me clean out the garden area (yes, the remnants of the garden from last summer). There were still dried up green beans hanging on the trellis, shriveled eggplants, and even a couple of wrinkly tomatoes left on the vine. It is embarrassing that it has taken me so long to get out there. I'll blame it on me being extremely pregnant when the garden was done and then having the baby and having no desire to be digging around outside. Anyway, the point is that Alton loves to throw the weeds and sticks over the fence. He isn't quite tall enough to actually get them over the fence, so he usually just shoves them through the holes.

Okay, last Saturday we gave Evy some rice cereal after Alton went to bed. She slurped up the first few bites then got very mad that it wasn't coming fast enough so we gave that up for the night and I just nursed her. On Tuesday we decided to try again. She was definitely interested and opened her mouth for each bite...at first.
See, she thought it was pretty cool. Something different, something new.
Then she started to change her mind.

You can see what she thought of this new process of feeding. It wasn't quite the success I hoped it would be. She was patient for a little while, but we finally gave it up after she (accidentally) swallowed only about two bites. But, that's okay. We'll try again next week.

Barry started feeling sick on Monday and decided to take two days off of work (Tues. and Wed.). Alton started with it on Wednesday. I also noticed, however, that he has two molars coming in so that may be partly to blame for his symptoms. Then this morning I woke up with the body aches and chills. While my visiting teacher (also sick) was here, Evelyn's nose started pouring. So, we're all four sick. Whoo hoo! It's so fun. I feel like I should just glue a few tissues on everyone's face so that I don't have to wipe every 30 seconds. Or else just get a plastic bib on both kids so that I don't have to wipe at all, the snot and drool can just spill into the bib. Ew, gross topic.

Anyway, Evelyn was pretty exhausted yesterday. She fell asleep on the floor in the middle of the living room last night while we were watching "A Bug's Life." She never falls asleep like that without being in her bed. So, we knew she was not feeling so good. Barry laid her down so he could do something and about 10 seconds later she was out. Oh, and by the way, the last four nights she has actually slept all the way through the night (between 9 and 11 hours)! And she wakes up in the best mood in the morning. It's great! I hope we are done with the middle-of-the-night feeding for good.

1 comment:

kellibattraw said...

I hope you all are feeling better soon... and yea for rice cereal! : )