Monday, October 12, 2009

Our Morning...it's a miracle

Barry accidentally left for work this morning with the kids' car seats in his car. It's a wonderful thing. It means I have an awesome excuse to not leave my house today. Sure, he could leave work to bring them to me. But, I don't want him to. I want to be a hermit and stay in my pajamas all day. I don't get these kinds of days very often anymore, so it's a real treat. The miracle of it all is that my kids have been playing peacefully (with only a few minor spats) for the last 3-1/2 hours!!! They've played with the new teaset their grandma bought them, the Disney yahtzee game & fishing game I bought for $5 each last year for Christmas, books, and a bag of pom pons. None of the toys are being played with in the way they were designed to be played with, which makes it all the better. I love watching their creativity!


Evy is feeding everyone with Mr. Potato Head's sword.

And she's using Mr. Potato Head as a bowl.

Alton cleared out all the fishies from the fishing game (which spins around when turned on) and set up some of his cars on top. He turned it into a car carousel!


My princess. Oh and she really acted like a princess during Sacrament meeting yesterday. Barry probably would have pulled his hair out yesterday if he had any left on his head. I had to leave before the meeting was over, so I got a taste of her craziness. But, he got to deal with the aftermath of her displeasure of my leaving.


Evy has a new game (which is already getting very old). She hides her arm inside the book and says (in her own two year old speech which only Barry and I understand) "where'd it go?" Then she flips through each page as I say "nope, it's not there." Then we finally find her hand and I exclaim "there is it!" Over and over and over again. But, as you can see, I humor her because she gets very excited at the end! (Mom, do you recognize that book?) =)


I like having happy kids.






6 comments:

Barry said...

Man, I do have to say that our kids are so cute. I'm glad you guys are having such a great day. I love you guys!

Michelle said...

So sweet!!! I just LOVE IT when the boys play like that. It is magical--it goes on for hours and everyone is refreshed.
I can't wait to hear Evy's talking! I can't believe how much they have both grown since I was there in March.

kellibattraw said...

I love that you found the beauty in your day. : )

Libby's Library said...

What? They didn't play with any "snowballs"?

Yes I do recognize that book...and I'll have to start hunting up some new ones, so that I can read them to my darling grandchildren next month:-)

Kari said...

Considering that most of my days are like that, I just feel like a lazy bum. I'm glad that you get to have a great chillin' day, though. Your kids are awesome!

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

This is such a great post - and so cute! I love the eating out of Mr. Potato Head like he's a bowl, lol. :) It's great to have days like this!!