Please send me your favorite quick, easy, and at least semi-healthy recipes! I'm in the mood to try some new things, and I think it would be fun to try my friend's favorites! Thank you!
Here's one of our's:
Glazed Kielbasa
1 lb. cooked kielbasa, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup yellow mustard
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp. black pepper
BRING kielbasa and chicken broth to boil in large skillet on medium heat; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
ADD mustard and brown sugar; mix well. Bring to boil on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened and kielbasa is well glazed, stirring frequently.
STIR in parsley and pepper just before serving. Serve over rice or noodles.


6 comments:
Oh yum, this sounds so good! I'll think of a recipe for you.
Did you make the home made noodles tonight?
I forgot to tell you - NieNie is posting on Cuisineie again. I've got the button on my blog, if you want to check out some of her recipes!
Love you dear daughter!
Hey, have you checked out my recipe blog lately? I posted a few yummy and healthy recipes not too long ago.
Ok, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't know what Kielbasa is. Sounds yummy though!
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this! I know it sounds crazy, but I was having a major brain block for what recipe to send.
Then today I remembered this one. It's actually from Hilary Week's blog. :) We have had it several times, and all of us LOVE it. Plus it's very cheap to make.
Creamy Bow Tie Pasta
4 c. uncooked bow tie pasta
2 T. butter
3 T. olive oil
2 T. flour
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. dried basil
1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/8 c. water
1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
4 T. sour cream
Cook pasta. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in oil, flour, garlic and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk, broth and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and sour cream. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
Post a Comment