Here is the awaited recipe for this luscious chocolaty dessert. This is not a dessert for the faint of heart (or those on a diet)!
Ingredients:
1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (8-in. square pan size)
3 cups (18 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
6 tablespoons butter, cubed
3 tablespoons vanilla extract (yes, you read correctly, that's 3 tablespoons!)
14-16 Pirouette cookies (I usually buy the Pepperidge Farm brand), cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
Directions:
1. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Spread into a greased 9-inch springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (watch carefully so it doesn't burn). Cool completely on a wire rack.
2. Place chocolate chips in a food processor. Cover; process until finely chopped. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 cup cream and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until butter is melted; stir until smooth. With food processor running, add cream mixture in a slow, steady stream. Add vanilla; cover and process until smooth. It will look like this when you're finished (thick and chocolaty and lick the bowl delicious...yum!).
3. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag (I use a ziploc). Fill with about 1/4 cup chocolate mixture (I don't measure); set aside for garnish. Transfer remaining chocolate mixture to a large bowl.
Remove sides of springform pan. Spread half of the chocolate mixture over brownie layer, spreading evenly to coat top and sides.
4. In a small mixing bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into remaining chocolate mixture. Spread evenly over chocolate layer (top and sides).
5. Gently press cookies into sides of dessert. It will look like this when you're finished.6. Pipe reserved chocolate mixture on top. Usually I make this for someone's birthday, so I'll write a message on it with the chocolate like so.
If I had a decent camera I could show you what it really looks like on the inside. Use your imagination. This is close enough.
This is a super easy and delicious dessert. Go make it! (Please don't step on a scale afterwards...)
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Chocolate Truffle Brownie Dessert
Posted by
snbjork
at
9:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I can't wait to make this! Have fun on your trip!
Om my gosh - this looks wonderful.
The Mile High Cheesecake Chocolate Layer Cake was a WINNER, so I'm sure that this one will wow everyone too!
And I'm on strike.
No more hamburger and gravy. No more scalloped potatoes and ham. No more bar-b-q pork sandwiches and potato salad. No more sour cream pound cake.
Love you!!!
Thanks! This was sooooo yummy!
It was an amazing birthday cake- thanks again! Have a great time and I'll look forward to sharing my sweet boy with you when you come back. (I sure wish I had had the chance before you left!) : )
looks sinful!
Post a Comment