So, Mom, I know you're not a big fan of Mother's Day. You don't care for the "burnt toast and dry eggs" and you think that Mothers should be treated well every day (they should!). I understand all of that. But, the point of Mother's Day is to especially think about our Moms for a whole day. Kind of like Christmas. Sure, we should think of Jesus every day but Christmas gives a special time to dedicate to Him. Sorry...I'm good at lecturing....
Mom, I want you to know how grateful I am to be your daughter. I love this picture below because it helps me to imagine you reading to me when I was a baby.Mom, do you know that I appreciate you even though I'm not often good about letting you know? Do you know that I think about you all the time? You know that I daily wonder how on earth you survived all of us kids ("one day at a time", I know) because I ask you all the time. Do you know that I never truly appreciated you until I had my first child? I wonder why it has to work that way.
Because I am now a mother I understand the feeling of worry and dread that I'm going to mess up my children. That I'll somehow never be good enough. You mentioned on your blog that you wondered if you had let your children down. I can't speak for my brothers and sisters, but I can say that the older I get the more you lift me up!
I'll never forget the time after Alton was born. I suffered from severe post partum depression. You didn't mind when I called you almost every day (or was it 10 times a day?) at all hours of the day and night....usually sobbing. Then there was the time right after Evelyn was born. I was sad that you couldn't come to see her as a newborn. Then, when she was three days old you surprised me by showing up on my doorstep! That sure was a great surprise. You had only planned to stay for the weekend, but I somehow convinced you to stay for a couple of weeks instead. =)
Mom, you're a wonderful mother. The older I get, the better mother you are. Thank you a million times (and then some) for dedicating your life to your husband, children and now your grandchildren. You're the best and I miss you and love you!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Posted by
snbjork
at
8:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a beautiful tribute, Suzanne! Your mom is so blessed to have a daughter like you.
Post a Comment