So, I don't know if I can say that this is truly my favorite quote, but it really struck me when I read it in an email someone sent me this morning.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Amen to that! I am always so quick to pass judgment on everyone around me. So much of that, for me, is rooted in my insecurities and paranoia. But, that's really no excuse. I know that I don't want people to judge me for the way I act and the things I say. So often I say things I don't really mean. And I do certain things because I don't think first or because I'm angry or frustrated (usually with myself). I want to keep this quote in my head. To remember that everyone has challenges, says things they don't really mean, does things they instantaneously regret, etc. I want to give people the benefit of the doubt. Assume they mean to do good and say the right things. That maybe they're really suffering. None of us are perfect after all.
Friday, May 23, 2008
New Favorite Quote
Posted by
snbjork
at
8:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I LOVE that quote! Thanks for sharing! Good luck on your 5k on Monday. Wish I could be there to cheer you on and serve you Gatorade! :)
That is definitely a good thing to keep in mind.
Post a Comment