Hello all! I finally decided to start my own blog after discovering my addiction to looking at my friends' blogs (especially Michelle's). Aren't you excited?! I have asked my sweet, adorable, computer savvy husband to help me get the hang of this blogging business. Computers and I don't always get along, so I often need a little (okay, a lot) of guidance.
At the start of this new year I have many goals in mind that I hope to achieve. First and foremost, though, is to lose 30 pounds! In July 2006 I joined Weight Watchers and over the course of about 7 months I dropped 27 pounds. Shortly after I reached my goal weight, Barry and I felt that it was time for baby #2. So, after eating my way through my pregnancy, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, I am right back to where I started. My body is screaming for me to get back on track. I will visit my local Weight Watchers meeting this weekend and hop on the road back to better health, a flatter tummy, and clothes that fit!
It is difficult for me to know where to start with this blog (besides whining about being fat). So, I figure I will say a few of the things that I am thankful for. There are so many things. I'll try to narrow them down.
*I have the worlds greatest husband and the two cutest kids (I'm certainly not biased in the least)!*Barry and I have been in our first house (which his sweet Nana sold to us) since the end of May. We love having so much space all to ourselves! And, we have a fireplace, which has been getting good use since the cold weather hit. It's great fun. Not the cold, but the fireplace!
*My Mom stayed for 2 weeks after I had Evelyn in October. That was the best! I didn't think she was going to be able to come at all, and then one day she and my Dad showed up at my front door. I couldn't have gotten through that time without my Mom!!!
*Barry's family lives nearby and I am so grateful for all of them. They are always willing to keep the kids while Barry and I have a date night or so that I can go to the grocery store without going crazy!
Well, this will have to do for starters. It will be fun to eventually catch everyone up on what's happening in my life.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
New Beginnings
Posted by
snbjork
at
1:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
This blog is sweet!!
Yay! Another friend that is a blogger! How are y'all doin'? Your kids are adorable! I guess it's good we have hubby's that know a few things or two about the computer, huh? :)
Suzanne--it will be fun to have a way to hear whats up in your life with this blog--I tried it once...in college--didn't keep up with it nor was it popular so no one bothered to look at it either. Ha Ha. Well I hope that you had an awesome Christmas season and you had loved ones near. keep in touch--Christy
Hey,it's great to hear all the good things going on for you and your cute family! Thanks for sending me the link to your blog though we still should talk sometime to catch up properly, savy?
Welcome to the blogging world! I love it, and it is really great to be able to keep up with everyone!
I think the only thing that could possibly make Barry a better husband would be the addition of a sweet ponytail. Seriously think about it... just picture a ponytail on Barry.
Don't deny the ponytail of power!
Last comment left by Sean Haslam
Hey man, there was a day when I actually did have a pony tail. It's just that was over 10 years ago. My hairline is a little different now.
DOUBLE TROUBLE!!! So cute! I can't believe you have two keiki now. Alton looks so grown up...and those eyes. Ahh. Sounds like you are doing well. I totally stalked you from Maylin's blog. Hope you don't mind.
Post a Comment