Monday, February 22, 2010

Preschool

I love it when it's my turn to teach preschool. I adore the kids and always have so much fun playing right along with them. Today I put in a Tchaikovsky CD and let the kids "ice skate" with paper plates along the carpet and in the kitchen. The girls started dancing with each other, holding hands. Alton, with his male partner in crime home with a cold, was left without a partner. I eagerly jumped in and asked if he'd dance with me. We had so much fun.

Anyway, after preschool was over I asked him what his favorite part of preschool was. Just like I always do. Normally he won't give me an answer. He just says he doesn't remember. Well, today he said that his favorite part was "dancing with you, Mommy." How awesome is that? He made my day.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are so creative and fun! I want to come ice skate with you on paper plates!! I miss you terribly.

kellibattraw said...

That's so sweet. I need to try the ice skating at our house!

Sharon said...

Sweet! And that sounds so fun! I think I might have to try that version of "ice skating" with my kiddos tonight. ;)

Kari said...

Awww, how sweet! I sure miss you guys!

Michelle said...

Awesome. This made me miss Alton--he is such a unique, loveable little guy.
I miss you, too!

Libby's Library said...

Photo's please?

Wendyrful said...

I'm just lurking... I LOVE this one! How sweet that the best part of his day was dancing with his mommy! Sooo Sweet! Hope you are doing well.