
I think about food. All. Day. Long. I am a serious foodaholic. And, I admit that I don't typically think of new ways to use up my spinach or how to dress up my carrots. I think about brownies, cookies, cakes, chocolate, and BREAD (anything belonging to the bread category). I really love to bake. And then eat.
Many days (okay, most days) when the kids go down for their naps I immediately sit down at the computer to check out my google reader (this is how I choose to spend my free time, does that say anything about me??). And sure I have an assortment of friends' and money-saving blogs saved there. And I do enjoy looking at them. But, there is also a plethora of FOOD blogs. I just love them. They're my favorite. I LOVE reading through recipes and looking at the beautiful pictures that typically accompany them these days. I'm addicted.
Since I'm trying to lose those last pounds from pregnancy (ahem...my baby is 16 months old), I save the really fattening recipes for my "free" day each week. It's something to look forward to.
Anyway, I LOVE FOOD. Food is good. Amen.
P.S. Are you a foodaholic?
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Food...
Posted by
snbjork
at
4:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Ok I admit that I LOVE food. Especially these days! I love steaks and sushi (raw veggies or cooked)! SO I know I am sooooo going to have to work hard to get the weight off when baby comes, but in the meantime I am enjoying! :)
Though you look great! I just thought I would throw that in there so you can relax a little and enjoy your food!
omg....girl you speak my native language! I am such a foodie...
All I can say is that "you are your mother's daughter"!!!
I'm still blaming my problem on "baby weight", hee-hee.
Girl, I spend more time thinking about food than not. It's a good thing I'm not married to a foodie, or I'd weigh at least 50 lbs. more than I already do! : )
I think you look great too, by the way. : )
I am a sucker for food blogs too! What is this "google reader"? You're the second person today to mention it! I must check it out!
I'll never forget when you converted me to "foodie-ism". You mentioned having a great recipe for creamy tomato soup and when you brought it over, it was in a magazine that was just recipes (taste of home, now a fav) ! So strange to me at the time. My mom is the first to declare that cooking was not a hobby for her, just a necessity (although she is a wonderful cook), and it had never occurred to me to really enjoy it! Thank you for introducing me to one of my favorite hobbies. :)
And I still enjoy that amazing creamy tomato soup, 7 years later!
P.S. I love the comic you put at the top of the post.
Post a Comment