My son cries when he sees that I'm cooking dinner. He says "But I don't like dinner!" Basically, if we're not having mac n cheese, peanut butter sandwiches, or pizza, he doesn't eat dinner. He would rather go to bed hungry than try something new. It's ridiculous!
Just now he walked in saying, "I want something to eat." I told him we would eat when Daddy got home. He then walked in the kitchen and saw a pot on the stove (with no Kraft mac n cheese box on the counter), then threw his head back and cried. What to do...what to do....Wait, I guess. Wait until he decides to join the world of real people who actually like to eat real food.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Seriously
Posted by
snbjork
at
5:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Wow. That's mind boggling! Well, even though he might not like dinner, he looks healthy, so he must be getting enough to eat. Not that that makes it any less frustrating. He'll probably outgrow it, one day. ;)
Just like we'll move/visit -one day.
Man, I can't wait for this to happen in our house! You're amazing Suzanne. : )
Yes...they outgrow it, but not without a few tussles here and there! :) Bria is my pickiest and she is stubborn...not a good combination. Good luck!
One thing I'm trying with Clyn--with pretty good success so far (it's only been this week)--is having him make dinner. Does Alton like to HELP you make it? (stirring, pouring stuff in, etc.)
Just a thought. . . .
That has got to be one of life's greatest ironies: that you, my lovely foodie friend who reads recipes FOR FUN, has managed to mother a very picky eater! (Maybe it's just very subtle taste-discrimination and one day he'll grow up to be a great chef!) :)
Don't worry, if it's not YOGOS or granola bars with chocolate milk, its like pulling teeth to get braden to eat anything.
I hear ya. Galla always says that she doesn't like dinner. Come dinner time she says, "I don't like dinner, I want lunch!" Because she wants a quesadilla or cheese toast or some other "lunch" meal. Doesn't matter how delicious dinner is or how much time was put into preparing it. Drives me crazy.
I know this probably isn't any comfort to you, but it is to me. Adam is the same way, so it's nice for me to hear that other kids his age only like mac n cheese. Have you ever heard of the book "So You Want to Raise a Boy?" by Cleon Skousen? He talks about how 2 1/2to 3 1/2 year old boys basically go on a food strike, eating barely enough to keep a bird alive. It's quite humorous.
There are so many picky eaters out there! One or more in each family, I would guess. I wish I had your committment not to make a separte meal if he doesn't like what you're having. It try to do that, and then I always cave in. Way to go.
Post a Comment