The no naps thing was really getting to me so I decided to start having Alton take his naps in the crib again. He always asks to sleep in there anyway. I think he knows that he's tired and that if he's in Evy's room in the crib he won't have any temptations staring him in the face. So, he is back to taking 2-3 hour naps. Woo hoo!! And, Evy just sleeps in the pack n play and has been finally taking two really good naps a day (and sometimes a short third one in the evening). I tell you, life is much easier when I get a little break. And, the kids, of course, are much happier when they are well rested.
It's really time to start working on the garden. I'm definitely stalling on that one. So much work, so many bugs (as I type this there are two wasps swarming outside my window)! But, it is really great to just walk in the backyard and pick out your veggies for dinner. It should be worth the effort. And at least this summer I won't be pregnant so that should make it more manageable as well.
Last week I exercised every day and tracked points (ate pretty well) and gained 1-1/2 pounds. I know everyone says "but, it's muscle!" That doesn't make me feel any better when I am paying the money each month (money that I would love to spend on something more fun) to lose the weight. I know it's normal to have weeks like that. It just feels like it's taking forever to get this weight off. And, darn it, I want to be rid of it this very instant! So much for what I want....=) Slow and steady wins the race, right?! I've definitely got the slow part down.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
No More Strike
Posted by
snbjork
at
1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I LOVE and NEED naptimw, glad you got it back. I need to get loosing weight, but I've just not had the gumption to do it yet... next week, that's what I always say! Keep it up, you'll get there!
Girl your body has made a lot of changes since Evelyn was born... have you taken measurements? I'm sure you've lost more inches than you realize! Besides, that pound a half will be off at next weigh in, for sure. : ) You're doing great!
Hey girlfriend. Thanks for visiting our site and for the congrats - we really are so excited and grateful. And to answer your question, Evelyn is exactly one month older than Isaac. He was born Nov. 2nd, he's a big kid though. He's now up to 20lbs. Bad for the back. Good for mommy bicep. Love to you and the fam!
Post a Comment